Maunga Outcomes plan
What is a Maunga Outcomes plan?
A Maunga Outcomes plan sets out ways that people of businesses benefiting commercially from conducting an activity on the Tūpuna Maunga, will give back to the Tūpuna Maunga.
A Maunga Outcomes plan commits them to actions that:
- protect, restore, and enhance the spiritual, ancestral, cultural, customary and historical significance of the Tūpuna Maunga
- support awareness and understanding of the Values for the Tūpuna Maunga outlined in the Integrated Management Plan (pages 59–87)
- build relationships that support Mana Whenua and Auckland Council co-governance of the Tūpuna Maunga
- are consistent with the Tūpuna Maunga Values.
A Maunga Outcomes plan seeks to contribute to a positive relationship between each third party user and the Tūpuna Maunga Authority (TMA) and should be developed by the two in collaboration.
What a Maunga Outcomes plan includes
A Maunga Outcomes plan must include:
- activities to be carried out and outcomes to be achieved by the third-party user that are beneficial to the Tūpuna Maunga
- measures for reviewing the effectiveness of the activities and the achievement of the outcomes.
Once agreed upon, an applicant’s Maunga Outcomes plan is included within (and forms part of) the applicant’s auhtorisation, and needs to be adhered to on an ongoing basis.
How to design your Maunga Outcomes plan
- Familiarise yourself with each of the seven Tūpuna Maunga Values.
- Download the Maunga Outcomes plan template.
- Determine the outcomes you would like to achieve.
- Determine what activities you could undertake to achieve the outcomes.
- Determine how you can measure the effectiveness of the activities and report that back to the Tūpuna Maunga Authority.
- Fill out the Maunga Outcomes plan template to create your draft Maunga Outcomes plan.
Submit your plan
Submit your draft plan to the Maunga Tohu coordinator. They may accept it as ‘final’, or they may review and give feedback for you to address. If that’s the case, address any feedback and resubmit your plan.